The After Bar - USMNT vs. Canada
Planting the Seed of Soccer Across America: Danny Beerseed
Photo Credit: REUTERS/ Mike Cassese
A celebration for Canada's cenntiential of soccer was also a celebration in mediocrity as the U.S. Men's National Team was held (or survived) through a bore, scoreless draw against their neighbors to the North. Clint Dempsey made his return to the starting XI, but more than a few shades off, Clarence Goodson was more than servicable in the centreal defense, and Landon Donovan may or may not have actually been on the field.
As usually we present to you, "The After Bar". All the highlights, post-game reaction, and a round up of the top analysts and player graders in American soccer.
Post-Game Reaction from Jurgen Klinsmann, Carlos Bocanegra, Clarence Goodson, Tim Howard, and Michael Bradley:
Game analysis from some of American soccer's best writers:
- Grant Wahl: "U.S. Fails to Impress in Scoreless Draw" (Sports Illustrated)
- Steve Davis: "A Trio of Talkers on U.S.-Canada" (NBC Sports Network's Pro Soccer Talk)
- The Shin Guardian: "US Draws Canada, TSG Draws Observations"
- Roger Bennett: "A Game To Forget" (ESPN)
- Matthew Doyle: "Armchair Analyst: Three Things We Learned" (MLSSoccer.com)
- Greg Seltzer: "Player Ratings in Frustrating Evening" (MLSSoccer.com)
- Jack Bell: "Player Ratings" (New York Time "Goal" Blog)
- Avi Creditor: "U.S. Leaves Few Positives in Draw" (Sports Illustrated)
Check out all the great FBM gear in our "Swag Store".blog comments powered by Disqus