The After Bar - USMNT 1 - Guatemala 1
Planting the Seed of Soccer Across America: Danny Beerseed
Photo Credit: MOISES CASTILLO/ASSOCIATED PRESS
The United States national team left Guatemala with a valuable World Cup Qualifying road point, but will be left wondering if it could have been more in their 1-1 draw. A late Macro Pappa free kick earned the hosts a share of the spoils after Clint Dempsey put the Nats aheda before halftime with his 27th international goal. For long spells the U.S. controlled the match, but failed to completely impose itself on the Guatemalans. The usual theatrics that accompany an away match in CONCACAF set up Pappa's chance and the Chicago Fire man only needed one good look to freeze Tim Howard a snatch a point.
As usual, "The After Bar" brings you all the best writers and anaylst American soccer has to offer, along with highlights, in one place.
Post-Match Reaction from coach Jurgen Klinsmann, Tim Howard, Clint Dempsey, and Geoff Cameron:
Game analysis from some of American soccer's best writers:
- Grant Wahl "U.S settles for tie, but in decent qualifying state" (Sports Illustrated)
- Steve Davis "Talkers from U.S.-Guatemala" (NBC Sports Network)
- Matthew Doyle "Three Things We Learned from U.S.- Guatemala" (MLS Soccer)
- Mike Cardillo "Guat-ugh-mala" (That's On Point)
- Brian Sciaretta (New York Time "Goal" Blog)
- Greg Seltzer (MLS Soccer)
- Avi Creditor (Sports Illustrated)
Check out all the great FBM gear in our "Swag Store".blog comments powered by Disqus